Guest post: Diana- meu pudim {My Pudding}

*Hey yal!! Diana from meu pudim {my pudding} is here to show us a delicious recipe that she calls, slapstick! I hope you enjoy!!




Hi!! It's a pleasure to be here at Camylla's blog!
She is my lovely friend who tolerates talking to me everyday on the phone! hehe
I'm from Brazil, and it's been 4 years since I started living here in the US. It's still a little difficult for me to write in English, but Ca has been very supportive and encouraging me to write English on my blog. It used to be only portuguese and now It's English and Portuguese. But you can see a lot of mispellings. Sorry about that!

Okay, a little bit about me: I'm married for 4 years, I do not have kids (yet). I am a Physical Therapist in Brazil, and am currently studying to get my license here. I love sports!! volleyball, rock climbing, and now I started mountain biking with the hubby, and I'm loving it!! My legs looks so nice! lol... I'm a photographer, like Camylla Take a look at my website here. But i'm here to show you a recipe, and not tell you my whole life story.

I'm really good with desserts, but I wanted to challenge myself to do something different. I'm not the type who cooks everyday, I dont like it too much. 3 times is enough!! lol!!! In Brazil the name of my recipe is called "Pastelao" I tried translating it to English and it said "slapstick" that doesnt sound right to me, so its kinda of like a dough that you can use with anything. . Just trust me when I tell you this... It's GOOD!! and lets stick to "slapstick".

Recipe:

*For the dough:
                                                                   -2 C of flour


-1/2 C of oil


-pinch of salt
-1/2 cup of water.

How to make it:

-Mix all ingredients together.


knead the dough 


-roll it out. Make sure you add butter and flour to the counter so it wont stick.



roll out the dough.. and repeat this process about 5 times.

View _MG_4122.JPG in slide show

Now, put the dough in a ziplock bag and put it in the fridge for at least 10 mins. 

View _MG_4123.JPG in slide show

Open the dough and put it the filling of your choice. 

View _MG_4140.JPG in slide show

close the dough. Pre-heat the oven to 350d and put in the dough, and leave it there for 30 mins. 

View _MG_4142.JPG in slide show

Filling:
You can do whatever your little heart desires. Strawberry and chocolate, chicken, apple and cinnamon. I did mines with chick peas, hearts of palm, ricotta, olives, onions and table cream.

View _MG_4128.JPG in slide show

View _MG_4132.JPG in slide show

View _MG_4139.JPG in slide show

Mix it all together...
View _MG_4135.JPG in slide show

YUMMMM


My husband loved it, and I hope you do too!!

5 comments

  1. great basic for any wanna-be chef {as myself} to have perfected! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good- too bad I cannot work with flour without getting nauseated. :/ One of my little quirks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww some of the pictures
    have a red cross and i cant see them
    :( looks like a good recipe hope you can fix
    that love <3



    xoxo
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks so yummy! your version with the chickpeas and ricotta sounds amazing!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of you taking the time and leaving me a comment. Feel free to follow, I would love to hear from you again. Thank you! <3