DIY

  • Words of the day:

He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city. -Proverbs 16:32
Love is hard to offend and quick to forgive. How easily do you get irritated and offended? Some people have the motto, "Never pass up an opportunity to get upset with your spouse." When something goes wrong, they quickly take full advantage of it by expressing how hurt or frustrated they are. But this is the opposite reaction of love. 
Today's dare: choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.
I must admit i like the buying each other stuff part way better. But I need to start thinking of where i need to start adding margins. And its pretty sad for me to admit to this. But i did kinda sorta enjoyed when my hubby did something uncool. Because i would be all cold to his side and he would be the one trying to make me stop being mad. Admit it, you like it too!

So yesterday was a pretty chill day for me. The hubby and I had a very tiring week so we decided to stay home and not go to church. So we got those extra hrs of sleep that we needed. And why are men so hard headed? Renan (my husband) wanted to make bananas with this protein that he bought and oatmeal and honey. So I thought that sounds yummy I want some too. But we only had 3 bananas (i haven't gone grocery shopping in 2 weeks)I felt bad so I said okay just give half of 1 well he almost had a fit! He said that 2 1/2 bananas would not be enough to make what he wanted. To make a long story shot after maybe 30 mins of me trying to convince him that half of a banana would not make a difference turns out I was right!
Then we were going to eat at my inlaws but we decided to have lunch at home. Well remember i said I haven't done groceries in 2 weeks? I lied. I think it was maybe 3 or a month! Yea lately I haven't been home so I don't have time to make food! So yesterday when I actually needed to make lunch all my ingredients were like expiring. Then I finally found 1 box of pasta and a ragu that would expire today! So yess!! Lol I ended up making a tasty pasta with spinach that the hubby loved! Then later at night we had game night at my friend Fe's house. Okay so I'm in love with Costco pizza!! Fe bought this box that comes 4 cheese pizza for $10 and it's delicious! The perfect amount of sauce and cheese. So to spice it up a little we added some onions, tomatoes and oregano! Soo good! I played the board game cash flow for the first time yesterday and it was pretty cool. I definitaly like it better then monopoly! So yeah guys that was my sat! Went to bed at 2:30 am and today I'm going to the beach to celebrate fathers day with my hubby's dad!
I'm really sad my dad isn't here but let me not get into that. A nice book the ocean breeze and Brazilian BBQ! Nothing better then that!

  • Daily Finds:
LETS DIY this lovely sunday!... I am a very hands on person, if i want something done i wont wait on anyone. When i got married and moved to my apartment i painted the whole thing by myself well in the end i had some help from my friend Fe and my brother in law. But i just dont wait around for people to feel like helping me by the time they offer me a hand, i have already done it.
I am thinking of making this mirror for my bathroom. Learn how to make this awesome mirror here.


I am all up for saving money when it comes to gift wrapping, specially in the holidays, It seems that we end up spending more money on gift wrappers then on the actual gifts. The past 2 Christmas i wrapped all my gifts in newspaper and put a nice big red bow on it. Everyone loved it and i could tell mines apart from the hundreds of gifts under my grandmas tree. Now i never made a gift bag out of newspaper but i sure will try!

How cute are these bracelets? made out of popsicle sticks 



This doily lamp looks really easy to make. I wonder how easy it really is.. You can make the same thing but with yarn. You put a little bit of water in your glue, and dip the yarn in it. Then just go around in a balloon leaving an opening at the top and let it dry. I love it!

No comments

I really appreciate all of you taking the time and leaving me a comment. Feel free to follow, I would love to hear from you again. Thank you! <3